145 Richmond St. West Toronto
Ontario, M5H 2L2
IEEE 5G and Beyond Testbed Workshop in Conjunction with IEEE VTC 2017, Toronto
Organized by IEEE 5G Initiative Testbed Working Group, where EXCITING Partner Mr. Latif Ladid is part of the organisation team as the IEEE 5G Initiative Board member
Sunday 24 Sep 2017
Time: 9:00 – 17:30
Following the successful IEEE 5G Roadmap Workshop at ICC, the IEEE 5G and Beyond Initiative will be holding a Testbed Workshop focusing on experimental testbeds on 5G and Beyond. This workshop will take place, as part of the 2017 VTC, on Sunday September, 24th 2017 in Toronto. The objective of this workshop is to bring together developers, practitioners, technical experts and researchers to share experiences and advance the state of the art in all aspects of 5G systems prototyping, evaluation and testing. The workshop also aims to solicit contributions and promote discussion on the novel methodological studies and experimental paradigms for future 5G testbeds and co-development and co-deployment of experimental platforms. Of particular interest are ideas on extending publicly available testbeds with 5G related technologies as they become available and how they can be used to address common technological and scientific problems that are related to advanced wireless systems.
The workshop will cover a spectrum of distinguished speakers from all over the world who will share their experiences about building testbed and experimental results. They will also highlight how these testbeds can be used by IEEE 5G Community.
- 5G testbed implementation and deployment including real-world lessons learned
- Large scale experiment design and deployment
- Testbed design for repeatability and reproducibility
- Tools and services for testbed users and operators (including prototyping)
- Experiments on federated testbeds
- Experimentation with future wireless platforms including: Full duplex, Massive and distributed MIMO, cmWave and mmWave, D2D, V2V, V2I
- Experimentation with integrated Cloud/MEC/Fog computing
- Integrated Fronthaul/Backhaul with multi-tenancy and federation
- Support for infrastructure slicing and isolation
- Role of common and open source software tools
- 5G Security
- Network Slicing
- Cloud RAN
Register here for the one day workshop. This is a special discounted rate for workshop and industry attendees and does not include meal functions.
Registration to the full conference (VTC & Workshop) will include the IEEE 5G and Beyond Testbed Workshop. Use the link at the main VTC site to register for the full conference.
Link to Workshop (Workshop #12 – W12)
Contact Ashutosh Dutta (email@example.com) for further information.